Educational Psychological Assessments play an important role in the diagnosis of:
- Dyslexia / specific learning difficulty
- General learning difficulties
- Speech and Language Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Dyspraxia and Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD)
- Giftedness / Very Able
- Adult Dyslexia
- Assessments for students seeking Reasonable Accommodations in Certificate Examinations (RACE)
- Assessments for students seeking to avail of the Disability Access Route to Education (DARE)
An Educational Assessment includes:
- Meeting with the parents of the child to discuss concerns and early developmental history.
- A full cognitive assessment profile looking at verbal and non-verbal skills. The assessment will also identify particular strengths and weaknesses.
- Attainments in reading, spelling and mathematics.
- A report will be completed outlining the outcomes of the above testing and proving recommendation towards teaching and learning in the future.
- Feedback to parents and also to teachers and other relevant professionals working with the child on request.
- Advice will also be given as to the child’s entitlements to any extra support under the Department of Education guidelines.